Hyundai Elite i20 based crossover coming in early 2015
It seems like carmakers who don't have a product to contend with the compact SUVs are resorting to converting their hatchbacks into make-do crossovers with rugged looking body kits and roof rails. More than a smart move, it seems like a desperate attempt to gain some market share. While such desperate measures may seem justified for hatchbacks that don't command the sales volumes of their more popular counterparts, it comes to us as a surprise that a carmaker like Hyundai is taking to this practice.
The spy shots seen here suggest that Hyundai is working on one such crossover based on the Elite i20. The photos show a pair of roof rails, side-cladding and new alloy wheels. Our sources close to Hyundai are hinting at an early 2015 launch for the Elite i20 crossover. We expect the car to hit the roads by February 2015. The Elite i20 crossover is expected to get the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines as its hatchback sibling, but we hear that they will produce slightly better power and torque figures with improved power delivery.
Images from IAB
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch