Advertisement

Hyundai Alcazar sees similar demand from buyers across variants, fuel types

Tuhin Guha Published: June 23, 2021, 10:34 AM IST

The Hyundai Alcazar has received over 4,000 bookings since order books for the three-row SUV opened on June 9, 2021. Tarun Garg, head of sales and marketing at Hyundai India, caught up with OVERDRIVE on our weekly digital show with some interesting insights on buyer preferences towards the Alcazar.

Hyundai Alcazar: Petrol vs diesel bookings

Hyundai's continued persistence with diesel engine seems to have paid off with the Alcazar as well. Diesel models have accounted for 55 per cent of the bookings, while petrol versions have taken up the other 45 per cent. The Hyundai Alcazar gets a 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine, unlike the 1.5-litre N/A and 1.4-litre turbo engines in the Creta. This motor makes 169PS and 191 Nm. The diesel motor continues unchanged from the Creta, the 1.5-litre turbo-diesel putting out 115PS and 250 Nm. Both engines come paired with either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.

Hyundai Alcazar: Most popular variant

The Hyundai Alcazar is offered in three variants - Prestige, Platinum and Signature. In a break from the norm, where base variants only account for 5 to 7 per cent sales for Hyundai India, all three variants have seen an equal sales split. The Prestige, Platinum and Signature variants have accounted for roughly 33 per cent bookings each. Notable features on the Platinum variant are ide and curtain airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind view monitor, height-adjustable front seatbelts, puddle lamps, Cognac brown leather upholstery, 10.25-inch instrument cluster, 8-way powered driver's seat, Bose sound system and 18-inch alloy wheels. The Signature variant goes on to add front parking sensors, blacked-out ORVMs (DT only), blacked-out shark-fin antenna, roof rails and spoiler and front ventilated seats but is available as a six-seater only. Know what you get with each variant of the Hyundai Alcazar here.

Hyundai Alcazar prices, Signature outlets

Prices for the Hyundai Alcazar starts from Rs 16.30 lakh for the base Prestige petrol variant. This goes up to Rs 19.99 lakh for the top-spec six-seater Signature diesel AT.  The big increase over the Creta is attributed to the absence of stripped-down variants, with even the base Prestige variant offering features equivalent to a higher-specced Creta. This has been done to appeal to a higher-spending customer with features like LED lighting, panoramic sunroof, connected tech and the larger 10.25-inch touchscreen standard equipment. See the full Hyundai Alcazar price list here.

Possibly inspired by Maruti Suzuki's Nexa outlets, Hyundai is introducing a network of high-end Signature outlets. These will sell the top-spec Hyundai Alcazar Signature, the Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Elantra. The company is looking to convert 180 of its dealers to this network and is working with sales staff to provide a more premium, digitally-inclined sales experience.

Price (Ex-Delhi)
Starts Rs 16.3 Lakhs
Displacement
1493cc
Transmission
Automatic
Max Power(ps)
115
Max Torque(Nm)
250
Mileage
-NA-
Price (Ex-Delhi)
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
Displacement
1493cc
Transmission
Automatic
Max Power(ps)
115
Max Torque(Nm)
250
Mileage
-NA-
Price (Ex-Delhi)
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
Displacement
1995cc
Transmission
Automatic
Max Power(ps)
152
Max Torque(Nm)
400
Mileage
16.38 Kmpl
Advertisement

Latest Videos

View All Videos
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement