Honda Cars India begins production at Tapukara plant in Rajasthan
Honda Cars India Limited has started production at its Tapukara plant in Alwar, Rajasthan. The first car to roll out of the 450 acre new plant is the Honda Amaze. As of now only the Amaze will be manufactured in Tapukara however in the near future, the Jazz and Mobilio will also be made here. Built at a cumulative cost of Rs 3,526 crore, the facility is an integrated manufacturing unit that will perform all functions forging, press shop, powertrain shop, weld shop, paint shop, plastic moulding, engine assembly, frame assembly and engine testing facility.
Vasundhara Raje CM of Rajasthan and Yasuhisa Kawamura, minister & deputy chief of mission, Embassy of Japan with the Amaze
This is Honda Cars' second plant in India with a capacity of 1,20,000 units per annum, and it will raise the company's net car production capacity in India to 2,40,000 units a year. The other facility is in Greater Noida, UP. In 2013-14, HCIL sold more than 1 lakh units for the first time in a financial year. It sold 101,370 units from April 2013 to January 2014. HCIL president and CEO Hironori Kanayama said, "The beginning of car production from our 2nd plant is a significant milestone for HCIL. With overwhelming response to our current models like Honda Amaze & all-new City and promising future line-up, we are ready to cater to the strong demand for Honda cars from our customers in India."
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each