Hero MotoSports Team Rally set to tackle OiLibya Rally of Morocco
The Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit is gearing up for the 2018 Dakar Rally, with riders CS Santosh and Joaquim Rodrigues. And in order to tackle the Dakar for the second time as a team, they have a new version of the Speedbrain 450 that will take to the sand dunes come the 1st of January.
Joaquim Rodrigues and CS Santosh are set to tackle the OiLibya Rally of Morocco ahead of the 2018 Dakar
However, before Santosh and JRod tackle the Dakar, the team will put the new motorcycle through its paces at the 2017 OiLibya Rally of Morocco. The two riders have already had a go of riding the new Speedbrain 450 at the Pan Africa Rally last month, and faired decently, with both riders finishing in the top 10. Santosh ended the rally ninth, while his team-mate, JRod ended seventh. In addition to this, both riders have tested the motorcycle extensively in Morocco.
The OiLibya Rally of Morocco will be held between the 5th and the 10th of October. It begins with a Prologue stage on Thursday, October 5th, and continues over five stages through the Moroccan desert. The total distance of the rally is 2,600km, with 1,870km competitive distance. The highlight of the rally will be the third and fourth days, both of which will have special stages that run over 400km each.
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years