Hero Motocorp sets up new tech centre in Germany
Hero Motocorp has announced the opening of its first global research and development centre in at Stephanskirchen near Munich in Germany. The facility is called the Hero Tech Centre Germany GmbH.
This wholly-owned subsidiary of Hero MotoCorp Limited will operate in cohesion with Hero's Global R and D hub, the Center of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur. This centre will also help further the form's global tech and design tie-ups in places like Spain, Italy and Thailand.
This tech centre will be under direct supervision of Dr Markus Braunsperger, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Hero MotoCorp. The centre will focus on the development of new vehicle concepts and future technologies in cooperation with the teams at CIT, Jaipur. It will also be the operating centre for Hero's motorsport team, Hero MotoSports Team Rally. All rally participation activities and new product development for the motorsport team will take place here.
Dr Pawan Munjal, chairman of Hero MotoCorp said, "The Hero Tech Centre in Germany will be a source of modern technologies with a focus on the global customer base, thereby further strengthening our R&D capabilities. The Tech Centre will also enable us to easily tap into the huge pool of resources readily available across Europe and merge them with our ongoing operations at the CIT."
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know