Frankfurt Auto Show 2013: BMW 5 Series
Another BMW that made it to the Frankfurt Auto Show was the refreshed 5-Series.
The facelifted 5 Series sedan and touring get a chrome-surrounded kidney grille and redesigned lower air intakes. The rear gets fine, sharp creases and striking lamp assembly. Xenon headlights are standard fitments. Adaptive LED Headlights and LED fog lamps are available options. The side indicator lights are integrated in the wing mirrors.
On the inside, the 5-Series has new equipment and trim options. The iDrive multimedia infotainment system makes it way to the car with a touchscreen and chrome surrounds.
The new 5-Series lineup now gets the entry-level BMW 518d sedan and touring. It draws power from a four-cylinder turbo diesel that delivers 143PS. BMW's xDrive, the all-wheel-drive system, now makes it to seven touring models, eight sedan models and four GT models of the 5-Series.
The most potent engine in the 5-Series lineup is the new V8 with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology that churns out 450PS. The total number of engines in the new 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring lineup are four petrols and six diesels. There are two other M Performance models, the BMW M550d xDrive Sedan and BMW M550d xDrive Touring. The GT lineup has two petrol power and three diesel units.
Expect the 5 Series to debut at the 2014 Auto Expo
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.55 Crore
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya