Frankfurt Auto Show 2013: BMW 5 Series
Another BMW that made it to the Frankfurt Auto Show was the refreshed 5-Series.
The facelifted 5 Series sedan and touring get a chrome-surrounded kidney grille and redesigned lower air intakes. The rear gets fine, sharp creases and striking lamp assembly. Xenon headlights are standard fitments. Adaptive LED Headlights and LED fog lamps are available options. The side indicator lights are integrated in the wing mirrors.
On the inside, the 5-Series has new equipment and trim options. The iDrive multimedia infotainment system makes it way to the car with a touchscreen and chrome surrounds.
The new 5-Series lineup now gets the entry-level BMW 518d sedan and touring. It draws power from a four-cylinder turbo diesel that delivers 143PS. BMW's xDrive, the all-wheel-drive system, now makes it to seven touring models, eight sedan models and four GT models of the 5-Series.
The most potent engine in the 5-Series lineup is the new V8 with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology that churns out 450PS. The total number of engines in the new 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring lineup are four petrols and six diesels. There are two other M Performance models, the BMW M550d xDrive Sedan and BMW M550d xDrive Touring. The GT lineup has two petrol power and three diesel units.
Expect the 5 Series to debut at the 2014 Auto Expo
Starts Rs 62.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.62 Crore
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety