Ford EcoSport to be available in India under CSD
The EcoSport has been a runaway success in India and due to the sudden influx of orders, Ford had to halt bookings for a certain period. After reopening registrations a few months ago, the company will now be offering the hot selling crossover through the Canteen Stores Department (CSD) and Central Police Canteen (CPC) in India, which means that it will be available to defence and police personnel at a subsidised rate. Other Ford vehicles available through the CSD route are the Endeavour, the Classic and the Figo.
Ford sells the EcoSport in India with three engine options - a 1.5l petrol, a 1.0l petrol and a 1.5l diesel. While the 1.5-litre petrol comes mated to an automatic transmission, the 1.0-litre EcoBoost and 1.5-litre diesel are available with manual trannies. The EcoSport competes with the Duster and Terrano.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India