First Indian Motorcycles dealership opens in Gurgaon on May 7
Indian Motorcycles will open its first dealership in India on May 7 in Gurgaon, Haryana. The American motorcycle maker plans to launch a total of two more dealerships in India by year end. After Gurgaon, the company will open showrooms in Bangalore followed by Mumbai.
Indian Chief Classic
Indian Motorcycles has a rich history and its bikes are based on an old school design. Indian has three models in its portfolio namely, Chief Classic, Chief Vintage and the top of the line Chieftain. The Gurgaon outlet will sell the entire range of motorcycles, apparels and accessories. All three motorcycles are powered by an air-cooled, fuel injected, 1811cc, V-twin Thunderstroke engine which produces 138.9Nm at 2600rpm. The transmission duties are handled by a six-speed box. The motorcycles are being brought in as CBUs which sees them having a hefty price tag. The range starts from Rs 26.5lakh and tops out at 33lakh for the flagship Chieftain model. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi. The top end model gets standard features such as, ABS, remote locking hard saddle bags and a 100 watt stereo system with Bluetooth and smartphone compatibility.
Indian Motorcycles is currently owned by Polaris Industries which is known in India primarily for its ATVs. Once launched the company is hoping to sell 20-30 units in a year.
We have ridden the Indian Chieftain and the Chief
Starts Rs 21,29,500
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained