F1: Jost Capito leaves McLaren within months of joining
Jost Capito left Volkswagen for McLaren in 2016
Just months after actively joining McLaren, having left his position at Volkswagen Motorsport, McLaren Racing's CEO, Jost Capito has quit. Capito had announced his switch to McLaren in January 2016, only having taken on his role with the team in September 2016, once he guided Volkswagen to their WRC title last year.
However, Capito has left his role with McLaren now. It was a fairly short stint, with the 58-year old German only having served in his new role with the Woking team for five months. One of the reasons being cited as the reason for Capito's departure from McLaren is that he and the team were unable to find "common ground" as to how the team would grow.
Eric Boullier is now reporting to McLaren's boss Zak Brown, who took over after Ron Dennis' sacking, and the team's Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- Near-production Citroen C3 spotted in India ahead of launch
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh