F1: Jost Capito leaves McLaren within months of joining
Jost Capito left Volkswagen for McLaren in 2016
Just months after actively joining McLaren, having left his position at Volkswagen Motorsport, McLaren Racing's CEO, Jost Capito has quit. Capito had announced his switch to McLaren in January 2016, only having taken on his role with the team in September 2016, once he guided Volkswagen to their WRC title last year.
However, Capito has left his role with McLaren now. It was a fairly short stint, with the 58-year old German only having served in his new role with the Woking team for five months. One of the reasons being cited as the reason for Capito's departure from McLaren is that he and the team were unable to find "common ground" as to how the team would grow.
Eric Boullier is now reporting to McLaren's boss Zak Brown, who took over after Ron Dennis' sacking, and the team's Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots