EICMA 2016: India-bound Ducati Scrambler Café Racer showcased
Ducati shocked everyone when it introduced the Scrambler in 2015. No one expected the motorcycle manufacturer to enter the Scrambler segment. At the EICMA 2016, it has got showgoers talking by unveiling the Ducati Scrambler Café Racer. As the name and pictures suggest, the Ducati Café Racer is based on the base Ducati Scrambler.
The Ducati Café Racer retains the 803cc L-twin engine from the Scrambler which makes 75PS. It also gets a black anodised Termignoni exhaust as standard along with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres. There's a fully adjustable 41mm front suspension with 5.9 inches of travel while the rear monoshock is adjustable for pre-load. It gets Bosch ABS as standard as well. It weighs 188 kilograms and has a seat height of 805mm.
The key difference between the two is that the Ducati Scrambler Café Racer gets aluminium clip-ons with bar-end mirrors along with a removable seat cowl. The rear number plate is now mounted on the tyre hugger. The Ducati Café Racer is priced at £9,395 (around Rs 7.70 lakh excluding taxes and duties).
We expect the Ducati Scrambler Café Racer to be launched in India sometime next year. It is likely to be priced around Rs 8-8.5 lakh which is around Rs 1-1.5 lakh more than the Ducati Scrambler Icon. The latter costs Rs 7 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
For more stories on EICMA 2016, click here
Starts Rs 7,89,000
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh