EESL places bookings for 10 Hyundai Kona electric SUVs in India - 4 units delivered
The Central government's electric programme run by the state-owned EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) has placed orders from 10 Hyundai Kona electric SUVs out of which four have already been delivered.
Hyundai Kona was launched for Rs 25.3lakh ex-showroom India, however, the price of the SUV has come down because of the cut in GST for electric vehicles and currently, the Hyundai Kona is priced at Rs 23.71 lakh ex-showroom.
"Kona's battery size is almost three times that of these other cars (Tigor and e-Verito). The running cost is just 40 paise/km. It's a brilliant car in terms of comfort and this is the beauty of EVs anyway," said EESL MD Saurabh Kumar.
The Kona Electric has an ARAI certified range of 452km on a full charge. It comes with a level II type charger that allows for a 7.2kWh rate of charge. With this charger, the Kona will charge its battery in 6h 10m. The Kona is also DC-charger compatible. A CCS Type II (a standard of charging plugs for DC fast charging) charger can be used to charge 80 per cent of the Kona's battery in 57 minutes.
Additionally, Hyundai Kona all-electric SUV received over 300 bookings in India and the manufacturer has already delivered over 150 units to its customers.
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.53 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Mahindra XUV400 Vs Mahindra XUV300: What's different?