Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled launched in India at Rs 9.32 lakh
When one thinks about adventure motorcycles in the Ducati range, the Multistrada is the obvious option that pops out. However, there is a new offering based on the Scrambler. The 2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled has been launched in India at Rs 9.32 lakh, pan-India. This one is also powered by the Scrambler's 803cc L-twin air-cooled engine which makes 75PS/68Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed transmission.
The Ducati Scrambler is a mix of on/off-road. However, the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled looks as if it can take care of some serious level of off-roading. The new offering gets its name from the custom motorcycles with a displacement of over 500cc that were made on the California desert. The Scrambler Desert Sled gets an aluminium handlebar with cross-strut while the front mudguard is placed higher. Additionally, the Desert Sled gets a reinforced tubular frame. It also features a new aluminium double-sided swingarm and a headlight grille.
Upfront, it gets 46mm fully adjustable USD forks and a Kayaba monoshock at the rear which can be adjusted for pre-load and rebound. Both the front and rear suspension offer 7.9 inches of travel. It gets a 330mm front disc brake with a radial 4-piston caliper and a 245mm rear-disc brake with a single-piston caliper. Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled gets ABS as standard.
It has a wheelbase of 1,505mm, a dry weight of 191 kilograms and a seat height of 860mm. It gets an under-seat storage compartment with a USB socket. The Scrambler Desert Sled gets a 19-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear spoked wheels shod with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres.
Starts Rs 7,89,000
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent