Datsun India to increase redi-Go Sport production
Datsun launched the limited edition Datsun redi-Go Sports on September 29, 2016. However, the Sport version has generated more demand than the company anticipated, and the initial 1,000 units have been sold out in less than a month. In order to meet high demand for the limited edition variant, Datsun has decided to increase its production. The deliveries will be scheduled next month.
"To meet the high demand and delight our customers, we are announcing an increase in production of the car with a further 800 units," said Arun Malhotra, managing director, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd (NMIPL).
The limited edition, as Datsun claims, comes equipped with nine new features. Its exterior is styled with theme grille-red accents, theme wheel cover, sporty graphics and sporty roof spoiler. On the other hand, the interior features sporty dashboard, Bluetooth audio system, remote key-less entry and rear parking sensor.
Mechanically, the redi-Go Sport didn't get any new updates and is powered by the same 799cc petrol engine which makes 54PS of power and 72Nm of torque.
The redi-Go Sport, which comes in ruby, white and grey colours, is available at all 227 Datsun dealerships across India with a price tag of Rs 3.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant