Datsun Go+ spotted testing in India
The Datsun Go+ has been spotted doing a test run on the roads of Chennai. The MPV is the second model for Datsun in India after the Go and will be launched in the country later this year.
The Go+ is based on the the Datsun Go hatchback and measures 3.9m in length. This enables it to duck under the crucial 4-metre mark which qualifies it for excise duty benefits for a small car. Once on sale, the Go+ will be the most affordable MPV in India. It will compete with the Ertiga, Mobilio and the Enjoy.
The engine of ch0ice in the Go+ will be the 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol motor used in the Nissan Micra. Datsun will also plonk the reliable 1.5-litre K9K diesel motor from the Sunny in the Go+. Expect class leading fuel efficiency. In the Indonesian market, the Go+ is already on sale with with four variants on offer- D, A, T and T Option. Prices start from Rs 4.3 lakh there. Expect the car to be priced around the Rs 5 lakh mark in India.
Images sent by Manoj Prabhakaran from Chennai
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesWelt-Best: Get the best used cars at Das WeltAuto
- NewsPrices of the Hyundai Venue increased, hike between Rs 5,000-12,000
- NewsUpcoming BSVI Isuzu D-Max V-Cross expected to not see major price hike
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 spotted testing in India
- NewsJeep Compass 7-seater SUV spotted testing ahead of launch next year