Dakar 2020: Michael Metge drops out due to injury, Adrien Metge to replace him
Through an announcement on social media, Michael Metge, Sherco-TVS Rally team's star rider, has said that he will be forced to sit out Dakar 2020, due to an injury resurfacing. The Sherco-TVS team has a further update for us though, announcing that his spot on the team will be taken by his brother, Adrien Metge.
The Metge brothers have been competing with the Sherco-TVS team for several years now, and were teammates during the Dakar 2019 campaign, joined by Aravind KP and Lorenzo Santolino. The Sherco-TVS rider squad for 2020 has already seen Aravind KP step down due to an injury, being replaced by Harith Noah, who will make his Dakar debut. The lineup retained Michael Metge, and Lorenzo Santolino, with Johnny Aubert completing the four-member team.
Dakar 2020 was meant to be the last Dakar campaign for Michael Metge, who is said to be focusing on recovery now, and it is yet unclear whether the Baja Aragon 2019 winner will return for another year of racing in the world's toughest endurance race.
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS