Dakar 2017: TVS Sherco Racing's Adrien Metge completes Stage 10 in 7th place
Stage 10 of the 2017 Dakar Rally concluded yesterday, with participants travelling 751km from Chilecito to San Juan. This included a 449km competitive section which proved to be very challenging for competitors owing to harsh conditions. The high temperature, rocky terrain and navigational challenges, made it one of the most physically challenging stages so far.
Adrien Metge finished the stage in 7th place, 8m18s behind the winner
Despite this, TVS Sherco Racing's Adrien Metge managed to complete the stage in 5hr58m (8m18s behind the stage leader, Joan Barreda Bort) to take 7th place. This moved him up to 26th place overall. Metge was in 3rd place during the initial part of the competitive section, but decided to back off a little to conserve the bike in the high temperature. His team-mate, Juan Pedrero Garcia, lost 30 minutes due to a navigation error, and finished 16th in the stage with a time of 6hr16m15s. In the overall standings, Garcia is in 16th place, 2hr26m18s behind current leader, Sam Sunderland.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch