Coronavirus impact: Yamaha India to offer extended warranty and service period
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has compelled everyone to stay indoors with the national wide lockdown imposed till April 24, 2020. Various automobile manufacturers have been announcing different measures to help their customers in the best way possible. Yamaha India has now announced an extension in the warranty as well as the service period of their two-wheelers in the country. This will be done with an addition of 60 days, till June 2020.
The complimentary service that would otherwise expire between March 15-April 15, 2020 will be extended to June 2020. Similarly, the annual maintenance contract, warranty and the extended warranty that expired between the above mentioned period will get an extension till June 2020. All of these extensions in the period will be given to all the customers across the country with any additional costs.
In other news, the Supreme Court recently announced an extension of the deadline of sale of BSIV vehicles from March 31st to April 24, 2020. The apex court stated that 10 per cent of the unsold BSIV vehicles can be sold within 10 days after the end of the lockdown period, which is April 14, 2020. However, the vehicles have to be registered within 10 days of its sale. This should bring some relief to the dealers who have Rs 6,500 crore worth BSIV inventory left with them that needs to be cleared.
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet