Confirmed: Honda Mobilio discontinued in India
We have just learnt that Honda Cars India Limited has discontinued the Mobilio MPV from the Indian market. Launched in 2014, the Honda Mobilio was perceived to be a compact alternative to the larger Toyota Innova and also a direct rival to the popular Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. However, lack of demand and poor sales compelled the Japanese car manufacturer to pull the plugs from this two year old MPV.
The company officials confirmed that the Mobilio production had been stalled for quite some time now. And now all the company dealers across the country have sold all the units of the MPV. While the production has been stalled, the company has still not made up its mind on launching the 2017 Mobilio that was introduced earlier this year. The officials stated that Honda is working out on the possibility of launching the new Mobilio, however, there is no confirmation on the same.
The Mobilio was built on the extended platform of the Brio, that was based on the Amaze sedan. THe Honda Mobilio was available with a choice of two engines- petrol and diesel. The familiar petrol engine from the City made 119PS and 145Nm. The diesel motor was shared with that of the Amaze and City in the same state of tune- 100PS/200Nm. The Honda Mobilio had become quite popular in the fleet market, but wasn't doing too well among private consumers.
However, on a positive note, the company has been clocking positive numbers with the new City. Also, the Japanese car manufacturer recently announced passing on the benefits of the newly introduced GST to its customers.
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh