CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Hyundai Creta is SUV of the Year
The brand new Creta certainly did a good job of impressing us with the way it combines form and function. The Creta is quite the looker with its commanding presence and the edgy design theme. It has a neatly designed cabin and gets all the necessary goodies you would expect from a premium SUV. The 128PS 1.6-litre engine is quite a charmer with its linear power delivery while efficiency stands at an impressive 16kmpl.
Apart from that, the Creta further scores brownie points thanks to the balanced driving characteristics. Its only competition in the SUV of the Year category was the Mahindra TUV300 but the Creta takes the cake because it is more of a complete package.
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector