CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: BMW i8 wins Technology of the Year
The i8 has been a revolution of sorts. It is the first sportscar to use comprehensive hybrid technology not just in the effort to be environmentally conscious but also to create a sense of excitement for the driver. It may pack a small 3-cylinder petrol engine but don't let that fool you. Electric motors help boost the engine's already impressive 221PS to a total of 362PS. Combine that with a breathtaking, space-age design and the i8 becomes a very special car indeed. BMW's bold decision to use fuel saving hybrid technology as a performance booster is an award winning move.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well the machines suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order