BSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020
BSVI compliant Mahindra XUV500 was spotted on test. What gives away this information is the 'BS6' labelling on the fuel-filler lid. Other than the emission compliancy, the SUV sports no other change.
Styling remains the same and the interiors are also expected to be carried forward to the BSVI variant. The feature list and trim levels could also be the same as the current car.
The engine is expected to be the same as before. 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel unit producing 154PS at 3,750rpm and 360Nm between 1,750-2,800rpm. The engine is expected to be mated to a six-speed manual and an optional automatic gearbox.
Expect the launch of the BSVI variant by January 2020. As reported earlier, Mahindra is also testing the facelift XUV300 Plus that could be launched in the Indian market by the end of 2019.
Currently, the Mahindra XUV500 retails between Rs 12.37-19.78 lakh ex-showroom India. Expect a hike of Rs 50,000-70,000 over the current pricing when the BSVI complaint XUV500 is launched in the India market.
Image Source - Sarath Santham
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet