BMW Apollo Streamliner concept redefines form over function
Purpose built land speed record vehicles are not generally good-looking. But Turkish industrial designer, Mehmet Doruk Erdem thinks otherwise.
The BMW Apollo Streamliner concept, here, is an amplification of the term form over function. The front end seems like the byproduct of numerous wind tunnel hours, the rear is an ode to classic motorcycle design. The tan-brown seat, dual rear shocks and wire spoke wheels appear like a throwback to an era gone by. The design thus, stays connected to traditional BMW design cues.
The images suggest that the motorcycle is powered by a V-twin engine. Looking at the seat- handlebar-footpeg position, the motorcycle seems built for a sole purpose, decimate the timing chart at Saltlake speed record events.
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained