BMW 7 Series ActiveHybrid to be launched in India on July 23
BMW will be opening sales for the 7 Series ActiveHybrid on July 23. This will be the first hybrid BMW to be launched in the country and will come in the long wheelbase version.
An electric motor mated to a 3.0-litre twin scroll turbocharged engine powers the BMW 7 Series ActiveHybrid. The rated power of the electric motor is 55PS while that of the petrol engine is 315PS. BMW claims that the 8-speed automatic box helps the 7 Series ActiveHybrid to hit the 100kmph mark in just 5.7 seconds all the way to a limited top speed of 250kmph. The car will achieve a claimed 12.75kmpl fuel efficiency.
A real time status update meter on the BMW 7 Series ActiveHybrid shows level of battery remaining and other details related to hybrids. BMW claims that the new ActiveHybrid can cover 4km only on electric power. It has all the luxury-related trappings that one will associate with the 7 Series, except for a lower boot volume. More details about the new ActiveHybrid will be available on the aforementioned date.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?