Bandra-Worli Sea Link toll fare to be hiked from April 1, 2018
Toll fare for the Bandra-Worli Sea Link is set to become dearer beginning next month. According to a new circular issued by the Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation, toll rate for a single trip on the Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link will be increased by Rs 10 to Rs 70 for a passenger car. Similarly, return trips for a passenger car will cost Rs 15 more at Rs 105, while daily passes will be costlier by Rs 25, taking the toll to Rs 175 for a single day. These toll rate revisions will come into effect from April 1, 2018, as mentioned in the circular. This circular MSRDC, however, does not state any reason for the hike in toll rates.
It claims that the revision comes as per the new notification form the public works department (PWD). The toll fare for light commercial vehicles, heavy vehicles, minibuses have also been increased from the coming month. Single trips for minibuses and LCVs will cost Rs 110, while return will be Rs 165. Heavy vehicles including trucks and buses will have to pay Rs 145 for a single trip, while it will cost Rs 215 for a return.
There are also regular monthly passes available for those who use the Sea Link frequently. Prices of these passes which are valid for a calendar month have also been raised to Rs 3,5000 for passenger cars, Rs 5,500 for minibuses and LCVs, and Rs 7,250 for heavy vehicles.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh