Bajaj Discover 125ST no longer on sale in India
Bajaj has stopped sale of Discover 125ST in India. The motorcycle will, however, continue to be in production for the export market since the 125ST has found great traction in several other markets including Latin America.
The sale of Discover 125T will continue unaffected by the development, the company said. Confused by so many Discovers? We make your life easier
Bajaj's reasons for the move are that step seat and monoshock combination is quite popular in export markets. But the combination makes it harder for Indian riders, especially those who ride with a pillion. The pricing of 125ST is also higher than the recently launched Discover 125M because of which Bajaj is seeing a lot of customers migrate to the latter.
We have riden the Discover 125M. Read first ride report here. Also the new flagship Discover F150 is set to be launched in India in two months time. We recently spotted the Discover F150 testing and a detailed report of our.
The motorcycle will be priced same as the Yamaha SZ, around Rs 65,000. Eliminating the Discover 125ST creates space for the F150's pricing, positioning and commercial viability in India.
Bajaj says that this correction is not entirely unexpected since the Discover 125 M is proving to be quite popular.
Starts Rs 58,751
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year