Auto Expo 2014 Hyundai lineup: Grand i10 sedan, i20, i20 WRC and Santa Fe
Hyundai will launch the Grand i10 sedan at the expo. Based on the Grand i10 hatchback, the sedan, which will replace the Accent in India, will be a little more spacious than the already roomy donor hatch and will rival other sub-4m sedans in its category such as the Dzire and Amaze. It will come with a choice of both petrol and diesel engines with a 5-speed manual transmission being the standard choice. However, the petrol will also come with the option of a 4-speed automatic. Expect Hyundai to price it very competitively.
Other than this, Hyundai will have on display the all-new i20. The new i20 will have a bigger grille but will most likely have a similar face to the outgoing model. There are larger tail lamps as part of the refresh. Interiors are expected to be more premium as well. Hyundai will also showcase the new i20-based WRC car.
Hyundai sedan caught testing
Also part of the refreshes is the new Santa Fe featuring the 'Storm Edge' design philosophy. The SUV will have the same 197PS 2.2-litre 4-cylinder CRDi engine with manual and auto transmissions. Hyundai is also evaluating various MPVs for India and we expect them to showcase a near production-ready prototype at the Expo.
Santa Fe with Storm Edge design
In 2012, Hyundai showcased the Hexa Space MPV concept with hexagonal seating arrangement. We expect some update on its status as well.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021