Auto Expo 2014 : Honda Mobilio
Honda unveiled their much anticipated car or MPV at this year's Auto Expo, the Mobilio. This is based on their hatchback Brio, and the front end clearly shows that detail. Rear end is carved into MPV like stance. The car will be powered by a 1.5l i-VTEC engine from the City and the 1.5l i-DTEC Earth Dreams engine doing duty in Amaze and now in the new City.
The Honda Mobilio is slated to be launched next financial year. This will take on the very popular Maruti Ertiga and Chevy Enjoy. It will be interesting to see how Honda will price this car, since it has the daunting task of eating the chunks from Ertiga's popularity.
This segment will be witnessing an interesting battle in the days to come, with one more manufacturer looking to bank on the growing popularity of this segment, Datson with their GO+. Its only a matter on time when other manufactures will jump in to have their own chunk of the pie.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700