Auto Expo 2012 - Mahindra unveils hydrogen fuelled 3-wheeler
Mahindra and Mahindra unveiled the world's first hydrogen fuelled 3-wheeler, the HyAlfa at the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi. This vehicle is a part of the $1 million DELHY-3W project that has been funded by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and International Centre for Hydrogen Energy Technologies (UNIDO-ICHET), taking nearly three years to complete.
Air Products USA is also a project partner who provided the hydrogen fuelling station for this vehicle. Currently they have setup a hydrogen refuelling station in Pragati Maidan. Mahindra and Mahindra aim to reduce pollution by using hydrogen â" which is free of carÂbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of sulphur and particulates. Mahindra claim that with 1kg of hydrogen, the HyAlfa gives around 80km of mileage.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Pawan Goenka, president of automotive and farm equipment sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra said, "Mahindra is aiming to provide alternative fuel technology solutions and the HyAlfa is part of its mobility initiatives. We have prepared 15 vehicles for integration of the optimised engine, storage system, fuelling system and safety features for this hydrogen fuel enabled vehicle."
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range