Audi India to launch the S5 Sportback
Audi India has decided to plug every gap. As is obvious, it is doing whatever it takes to consolidate its number one position in India. So, come mid-2015, the company will launch the S5 Sportback in the Indian market.
Sportbacks, unlike conventional sedans, have a stylish silhouette that is both distinctive as well as eye catching. In India the Audi A7 and its wilder sibling, the RS7 were the only sportbacks from Ingolstadt and the S5 Sportback will join them, although at a lower price point.
Slotting in between the S4 and S6, the S5 Sportback will feature a 3.0-litre, supercharged V6 that produces 340PS. The suspension is tuned to be softer than those on the RS5, making it easier to live with. on our roads.
The styling on the exterior is slightly toned down, compared to the RS5, but does bestow an individual identity on the car, especially amongst its S model peers.
The sloping roof line that lends a long bonnet-short boot lid look, silver finish mirrors, DRLs that wraparound the inside edge of the headlamps and other design elements make the car standout.
The Audi S5 Sportback will appeal to the discerning, style conscious buyer who is looking for a fast car for everyday use. Expect Audi India to price the car competitively between the S4 and S6 sedans.The S5 Sportback is similar to the BMW M4 in terms of size, but as far as price and power are concerned, the car will compete with the Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG.
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand