Audi creates a one-off extended A8
Luxury manufacturer one-offs are known to have an element of flamboyance that cater to the specific needs of their client. The latest "horse out of the stable" is an Audi A8 L Extended. Measuring at 6.36 metres with a wheelbase of 4.22 metres, it has an entire extra row of seats, making for a total of six passengers. Audi says it took them an entire year to develop and manufacture this exclusive one-off, with major work going into maintaining the safety and rigidity of the elongated body.
The extended A8 is powered by Audi's 3.0-litre TFSI petrol burner, producing 310PS and 440Nm of torque. This results in performance figures of 0-100kmph in 7.1 seconds, and an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph. The engine is mated to an 8-speed tiptronic gearbox which distributes power to all four wheels via Audi's Quattro system. The kerb weight is a surprising 2418kg, thanks to Audi's Space Frame, comprising of mostly aluminium. 19-inch 15-spoke alloys cover an S8 braking system.
On the luxury side of things, each seat is electronically adjustable and covered by exquisite velvet beige Valcona leather. The rear seats get a complete entertainment system with a continuous centre console and a sizeable screen. A cool box is also present for the occasional champagne.
Starts Rs 1.56 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones