Ather 450 X electric scooter teased - India launch expected soon
Soon after Ather Energy revealed its plans to expand to other cities, the company dropped a teaser of its new scooter - Ather 450 X. Going by the name, the new scooter is expected to be a beefy and a sportier version of the 450.
Currently, the Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.13 lakh in Banglore and Rs 1.22 lakh in Chennai. However, the 450 X could ask a premium of Rs 10,000-12,000 over the standard variant's pricing.
On the mechanical front, the 450X could see the same cycle parts carried over from the standard scooter such as the telescopic forks in the front and a mono-shock in the rear. Just as the 450, the 450 X would get disc brake setup on either end, but this time the new scooter could benefit from an ABS system that is missing in the standard Ather 450.
Mechanically, the Ather 450 X could get the same drivetrain as the standard model. The power figures for the standard Ather 450 is rated at 7.3PS and 20.5Nm of torque but we believe the 450X could see a minor hike in its output. The range is expected to be similar
Expect a similar feature list as the Ather 450 i.e the touch-operated instrument cluster which will receive over the air updates.
The launch of the Ather 450 X could take place in the final week of this month.
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits