Aprilia USA recalls 3,287 bikes
Aprilia has issued a recall of 3,287 bikes in the USA regarding an issue with the front brake pads. The bikes that were built from 2017 to 2020 were found to have an issue in the front brake pads and the models included the RSV4 1000 RR, RSV4 1000 RF, Tuono 1100 RR and the RF.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has stated that Brembo disc pads on these bikes have high nickel content that could absorb an unusually large amount of water and salt. It could accelerate the corrosion process and the pads could fall off the backplate without any warning. A sudden brake failure could damage the brake disc as there would be no pad on the backplate. It could lead to serious accidents which could prove fatal for the riders as well as pedestrians.
Aprilia will contact the owners of the affected models from May 22 and the faulty brake pads will be changed for free. So far, Aprilia has not issued a recall in India and Aprilia isn't the only manufacturer that has encountered this problem. A few days ago Triumph had also experienced the same issue and recalled its bikes. It looks like all the high-performance bikes that use Brembo disk pads seem to have the same issue. As a standard procedure, the appropriate authorities should check all the bikes that use Brembo disk pads for this issue.
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand