Anand Mahindra is the new executive chairman of Mahindra and Mahindra
Mahindra and Mahindra has just rejigged its senior management. Anand Mahindra has been elevated to the position of executive chairman. Before this appointment, he held the position of chairman and managing director at the company. Dr Pawan Goenka is the new managing director of Mahindra and Mahindra.
In a press release, Anand Mahindra has stated that he will 'continue to oversee and be responsible for shaping the growth strategies of the company and its investments'. The company has commented that the position of managing director is distinct from that of the chairman. The organisation structures and processes have already been aligned with this change over the past one year.
Dr Goenka has been associated with Mahindra and Mahindra for 23 years. He joined the company in 1993 as general manager, R&D. The company credits him for his instrumental role in increasing the R&D capability of Mahindra and also the development and launch of the Scorpio. He was appointed as an executive director on the board of Mahindra and Mahindra in 2013. In his new role, he will continue reporting to Anand Mahindra and the board.
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS