All future Volvos to be limited to 180 kmph
The company has now decided that all its future cars will be limited to a 180 kmph, starting with the 2021 model year. This is the latest move towards the brand's Vision 2020, which aims for no one to be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo by 2020.
In this endeavour, Volvo has realized that there are three gaps it needs to cover before it can reach this goal: speeding, distraction and intoxication. Above certain speeds, in-car technology or government safety initiatives can have a limited effect on accident-related deaths and fatalities. Volvo is also how a combination of smart speed control and geofencing technology could automatically limit speeds around schools and hospitals in the future.
Most of Volvo's German rivals limit speeds to 250 kmph, a number informally agreed upon. This was also being followed by Volvo up until now. It has been learnt though that the Polestar performance division's products are not part of this plan.
As for its plans for countering distraction and intoxication, Volvo will come up with solutions for that as well
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years