2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
Skoda India will launch its second SUV on May 26, the Skoda Karoq, alongside the Superb facelift and the BSVI Rapid 1.0 TSI. The Karoq is expected to be priced between Rs 26 - 27 lakh, on road. The two-row SUV will be available in a single Style variant to begin with. The Karoq can be booked on the Skoda India website or at dealerships for Rs 50,000.
The Karoq will be powered by the new 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine that debuted in the Volkswagen T-Roc. This motor makes 150PS and 250 Nm. This motor features cylinder deactivation tech and can run on two cylinders in low load situations. A 7-speed dual clutch gearbox is the only gearbox options. Like the T-Roc there is no AWD option.
The Karoq comes quite well equipped. There is two zone climate control, powered driver's seat, a panoramic sunroof, the Virtual Cockpit instrument cluster and an eight inch infotainment system. Safety is well taken care of with nine airbags.
The Karoq will be positioned below the petrol Skoda Kodiaq that will debut later this year and the above the production version of the Skoda Vision IN that is set to launch in 2021. It will compete with the Jeep Compass and the Citreoen C5 Aircross when it launches next year.
Starts Rs 24.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 21.35 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed