2020 Renault Kwid facelift's LED tail lamps seen in new spy photos
The 2020 Renault Kwid facelift has been caught testing quite a few times. This new set of pictures taken at night, however, reveals that the new hatchback will come with LED tail lamps. These units, with their C-shaped elements are quite a bit different from the earlier ones.
The facelifted Kwid's styling will take quite a few cues from the Renault K-ZE EV that debuted at the 2018 Shanghai Motor Show. The two-part headlamps design, a larger grille with the three horizontal slats and a wide air dam are visible. The rear is expected to sport a chunkier bumper, with high-mounted reflectors and a slightly redesigned tail lamp cluster. Renault could also add some contrasting panels along the body to liven it up even further. No pictures of the interiors are available yet, but some of the Triber's bits can be expected to trickle down, like the new digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system.
Engine options will most likely remain unchanged, except for maybe BSVI compatibility. The Kwid currently comes with two 3-cylinder petrol options. The first is a 1.0-litre unit with 68PS and 91Nm and an 800cc motor with 54PS/72Nm. Both come equipped with a 5-speed manual and AMT. Expect the AMT to be a bit more responsive in this iteration and come with a floor-mounted shifter.
These new launches by Renault in India is part of a larger scheme to double how many cars it sells here. To this end, a small SUV is also in the works.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July