2020 Maruti Suzuki Alto spied in India
A heavily camouflaged test mule was spotted near Shimla which is speculated to be the next generation Maruti Suzuki Alto. This picture shows some styling bits and could be a variation of slightly more aggressive styling that we have seen in Maruti Suzukis lately, in cars like the new WagonR and Ignis. The camouflaged also displays some bits of the new wraparound tail lamp which make the hatchback feel more upmarket combined with a beefier rear bumper. The upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to be styled similarly to the Future S concept that was unveiled exactly a year ago. Consequently, the car in the picture seems to have crossover-like styling and could be a Renault Kwid rival. In the segment, the car could also compete against Datsun Redi-Go and the Hyundai Eon.
Powering the new crossover hatchback could be the same 1.0L three-cylinder engine which produces 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. The 796cc three-cylinder engine which does duty in the Maruti Suzuki Alto could be heavily reworked with the upcoming generation and be offered on lower trims. Alternatively, the Japanese car manufacturer could develop a new engine to offer for the lower trims of the hatchback.
The Heartect platform gives the manufacturer an opportunity to spawn a crossover-styled hatchback which will sit below the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and could be a Maruti Suzuki Celerio X replacement.
Expect the spotted test mule to break cover by the next Auto Expo by 2020 at an introductory price of Rs 3 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai which is Rs 30,000 more than the current Maruti Suzuki Alto 800.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle