2020 Land Rover Defender spotted on the sets of upcoming James Bond Movie
The upcoming Land Rover Defender has been spotted. And if rumours are to be believed, the spy shot is snapped on the sets of new James Bond movie, No Time To Die. As we've seen Jaguar and Land Rover (JLR) vehicles in the previous Bond films, it is not difficult to believe that Bond got early access to one of the Defenders.
Speaking of the Defender, the SUV spied on the sets is the five-door variant that said, a more potent short wheelbase, three-door Defender will be unveiled as well. The design mainly remains boxy and pronounced although the edges are more rounded off than sharp. The approach angle is minimum so is the departure angle. The SUV sports chunky off-road biased tyres. The bumper houses a winch, however, expect more electronic aid to enhance the off-road capabilities.
Under the skin, the Defender will be based on an aluminium platform shared by other Land Rover models. Mechanically, the engines on offer could be downsized versions of the existing designs to meet the Euro 7 norms. It is safe to assume a plug-in-hybrid will be on offer as well.
We hope to see the new Defender at the Frankfurt Motor Show in its production avatar and the SUV could be launched globally by the first quarter of 2020.
Image Source - Steven Firth
Starts Rs 73.98 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet