2020 Honda City bookings open in India ahead of launch
Honda Cars India has started accepting bookings for the upcoming 2020 Honda City. Bookings can be done via the 'Honda From Home' online portal or at a Honda dealership. The online booking amount is Rs 5,000 while the booking fee at dealerships is Rs 21,000. The fifth-generation Honda City will launch in India in July.
The new City is larger than the outgoing car. It is 4,549mm in length, 1,748mm in width, 1,489mm in height. Wheelbase has remained unchanged at 2,600mm.
The car will be offered with one petrol and one diesel engine, the 1.5-litre petrol engine is a new DOHC unit and produces 121PS at 6,600 rpm and 145Nm at 4,300rpm. This engine can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed CVT. The 1.5-litre i-DTEC has been carried over and puts out 100PS at 3,600rpm and 200Nm at 1,750rpm, paired to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The feature list covers an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa, Honda Connect suite with 32 car features, 6.9-inch HD TFT instrument cluster, automatic headlamps, push start/stop button, electric sunroof and more.
When launched the new Honda City will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, and Volkswagen Vento.
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand