2020 BMW X5 gets new base SportX variant, priced at Rs 74.9 lakh
BMW has expanded the BMW X5 line-up in India by adding a new trim level below the current xLine and MSport variants. This is called the BMW X5 SportX and is priced at Rs 74.9 lakh, ex-showroom India. This is Rs 8 lakh less than the xLine trim's Rs 82.9 lakh. This new variant replaces the earlier Sport trim that cost Rs 72.9 lakh.
In this version, the X5 loses the exterior styling elements that are available with the xLine and M Sport versions. The bumpers, air dams, side skirts and rear bumper. The alloy wheels have been downsized to 19 inches as wellfrom the 20-inch ones on offer in the other variants. Other features unavailable are the laser headlamps, the interior crystal elements, 360-degree camera, the 16-speaker Harman-Kardon sound system, wireless charger, and the Vernasca leather upholstery. The interior also loses the open-pore wood trim and get the Sensatic upholstery.
Having said that, the X5 SportX still comes very well equipped. It gets full LED lighting, the fully digital instrumentation and the 12.3-inch Drive infotainment with gesture control, panoramic sunroof, rear-view camera with parking assistant, four-zone air conditioning, mood lighting, and a powered tailgate.
The BMW X5 SportX is available in the xDrive30d drivetrain option. This pairs a 3.0-litre inline-six turbo diesel engine making 265PS at 4,000 rpm and 620 Nm between 1,500-2,500 rpm. This pairs to the sight-speed torque-convertor automatic and AWD. The two-axle adaptive suspension remains as well.
With this version, the BMW X5 has now been brought closer to the entry-level pricing of its newset competitor, the Mercedes-Benz GLE. The GLE 300d is priced at Rs 73.7 lakh but misses out on a six-cylinder motor.
Also see: BMW X5 Road Test Review Video
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year