2020 BMW M8 sportscar launched in India at Rs 2.15 crore
Alongside the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe, the carmaker has also introduced the range-topping BMW M8 sportscar. The BMW M8 is priced at Rs 2.15 crore and is the current flagship of the BMW sportscar line-up. Unlike the Gran Coupe, it carries the sleeker two-door 2+2 bodystyle.
Aside from this, the M8 comes with a host of visual upgrades. This includes a wider track, larger air inlets in the front, a more prominent front splitter, unique exterior trim around the grille, quad exhausts at the rear and a more aerodynamic rear diffuser. On the inside, there are M-specific seats, steering wheel, interior trim and materials and a reworked centre console with access to the more extensive drive mode options. The M8 allows users to uniquely configure the sportscar's assistance systems, braking, suspension, steering and exhaust systems as per usage conditions. There are also numerous safety systems on offer. As for the features list, they largely mimic that of the top-spec 8-Series Gran Coupe M-Sport.
The M8 shares its drivetrain with the M5. It's powered by the same 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 and puts out 600PS and 750 Nm. There's an M-specific, rear-biased AWD system paired to an 8-speed automatic. The M8 can get from 0 to 100kmph in 3.3s and go onto a 250kmph top speed.
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh