2019 Yamaha MT-15 launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the 2019 MT-15 in India at Rs 1.36 lakh. Based on the YZF- R15 minus the fairing and the MT15 slots below the entry level supersport. The MT-15 is priced Rs 2650 above the FZ-25.
The MT-15 also features the same, deltabox chassis and the 155cc, liquid-cooled, four-valve, single-cylinder engine. It produces 19.3PS and 14.7Nm. Yamaha has made a slight change to the steering geometry. The rake is the same as the R15 but the trail is shorter. The rear sprocket is also larger at 52 teeth compared to the R15s 48 teeth
The design is in line with the bigger bikes in MT series of motorcycles that Yamaha sells, like the MT-09 and MT-10. The MT-15's headlamp for instance, has a similar theme and is designed in a three-part layout, with the LED position lights flanking the centrally mounted, single projector beam headlamp.
The tank is chunky and has well-defined knee recesses. The seat is a single piece unit and the tail section short.
The bike also borrows cycle parts from the YZF-R15 V3 such as the wheels, telescopic fork, and a 282mm disc brake up front. Single-channel ABS is standard.
However, in order to keep costs in check, the MT-15 has a box-section swingarm.
The lack of a fairing and it's mounting brackets translates to a lower kerb weight as well.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 1,38,041
Starts Rs 1,10,388
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility