2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has already reached sales of 1 lakh units in 145 days
That the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been a hit in the country is known, but the hatchback has just hit the milestone of 1 lakh units in sales. The all new Swift has achieved this feat in a matter of 145 days, making it the quickest car in India to reach the number. The third generation Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched in the country at the 2018 Auto Expo at an attractive price of Rs 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
It shares its fifth generation Heartect platform with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Ignis. The Swift in its three generations has sold a combined 1.89 million units in India since the launch of the first gen in 2005.
Incidentally, a unit of the Swift was also the 20-millionth vehicle to be produced by Maruti Suzuki in India. Maruti Suzuki produces the all new Swift at its facility in Hansalpur, Gujarat.
From this facility, the 2018 Swift is also exported to various international markets. The first batch of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift was sent to South Africa from Mumbai on April 10, 2018. Maruti Suzuki has stated that it aims to expand its exports from India to at least 100 countries and regions across Europe, Japan, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations