2017 Nissan GT-R to be launched in India on December 2, 2016
We already knew that the Nissan GT-R was headed for India when the carmaker opened bookings for the car soon after showcasing it at the 2016 Auto Expo. However, within weeks of its India appearance, the GT-R underwent a series of updates and was presented at the 2016 New York Auto Show in its revised avatar. In fact, Nissan says that the 2017 update is the most prominent one for the current GT-R since its launch in 2007. That very model is headed our way and goes on sale on December 2, 2016.
The GT-R's 3.8-litre V6 now puts out 565PS (up from 553PS) and 633Nm (up from 628Nm). While the outputs see only a marginal increment, the bigger improvements come to the chassis and suspension. Nissan claims that there is an improvement in handling and corner speeds, making the GT-R significantly faster around the racetrack as compared to the outgoing model.
The 2017 Nissan GT-R gets an updated bodywork as well, with better aerodynamics and a wider V-motion grille that gives it visual distinction. The interior wears a revised dashboard fascia, a new infotainment system with an 8-inch screen and an updated centre console with reduced switchgear clutter.
As mentioned, the 2017 Nissan GT-R will go on sale in India on December 2 and is expected to start at a price of Rs 1.99 crore. Read our first drive review here.
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant