2017 Independence quattro drive: Day 1 - Chandigarh to Manali
Finally, the 2017 OVERDRIVE Audi Independence quattro drive has begun! We've begun another epic journey to the Himalayas to celebrate Independence Day. While the participants arrived at the JW Marriott Hotel in Chandigarh yesterday, the cars were stickered up and prepared for the long journey. As a part of the preparations, we used top-notch TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 ENERGY 5W-40 car engine oil and Michelin tyres from our partners.
Day 1 took us and the five Audis -- two top-spec Q3s and three Q7s -- around 300km from the plains of Chandigarh to the lush green mountains of Manali. Road conditions were a mixed bag, ranging from smooth straight roads to smooth winding roads and then some broken winding roads. But no matter what the conditions outside, the Audis did the job and kept us cocooned in luxury throughout. The grip from the Michelin tyres only complemented the dynamics of the SUV, while the TOTAL QUARTZ car engine oil kept the engines purring smoothly.
Day 2 will take the convoy around 140km from Manali to Jispa, across the first mountain pass of this trip, Rohtang, which is around 13,000ft above sea level.
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared