2016 INRC: Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik win K1000
Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik celebrate their victory at the 2016 INRC season finale - the K1000
Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik took a fine win at K1000, the season finale of the 2016 Indian National Rally Championship, in Bangalore. The Mahindra Adventure duo, in their SuperXUV, managed to finish the rally with an overall time of 51min 40.2sec. It is Ghosh's second win at the K1000, with his last win at the event having been in 2013.
Despite the fact that Ghosh has the most number of wins of the 2016 season, he hasn't managed to win the championship, but remains positive, stating "Feels very nice to end the season with a win and having the most number of wins this season. We will come back better and stronger in 2017".
Finishing second overall at the K1000 was Phalguna Urs, co-driven by Chandramouli CM, in his privately entered Volkswagen Polo R2. The duo clocked a time of 53min 38.1sec. Third place went to Team Yokohama's Rahul Kanthraj, navigated by Vivek Bhatt, in a Mitsubishi Cedia with a time of 54min 30.5sec.
It was a tough rally for Team Mahindra Adventure's Gaurav Gill, who wasn't able to finish the rally, after his SuperXUV suffered a driveshaft failure. Arjun Rao Aroor, also in a privately entered Polo R2 was running third until a gearbox failure ended his hopes of a podium.
Abhilash PG and Srikanth Gowda won the MRF FMSCI Indian Rally Championship (IRC), run concurrently with the INRC, ahead of Mohammed Kasim AA and Sanath G. Ritesh.M.Guttedar and Sheraz Ahmed finished third.
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector