2016 Hyundai Elite i20 to get projector headlamps and DRLs
Hyundai India will soon be equipping its premium offering, the Elite i20, with the projector headlamps and LED daytime running lamps, seen on the i20 Active. A dealer has confirmed that the new batch of 2016 models will arrive at dealerships by the end of this month.
The above additions will be offered only on the premium Asta (O) variant. In addition, the 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will also feature new diamond cut alloy wheels, like the ones on the Hyundai i20 Active. Apart from these minor tweaks, the new Hyundai Elite i20 doesn't get any other updates. On the inside, the 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will continue to have a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, but again, only on the Asta (O) variant. More importantly however, Hyundai has recently started offering dual airbags as standard on all variants of the Elite i20.
The 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 will continue to have the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol unit makes 83PS of power at 6,000rpm and generates 115Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. This engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The 1.4-litre diesel motor makes 90PS at 4,000rpm and 220Nm of torque from 1,500-2,750rpm. This motor is paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch