2016 Himalayan Odyssey announced
From among all the riding events that Royal Enfield runs through the year, the Himalayan Odyssey is one of our favourites. The Odyssey takes riders on a comprehensive tour of the Himalayas, especially the Ladakh region. This will be the thirteenth time that the Odyssey takes Royal Enfields up into the mountains.
This year the ride will flag off from Delhi on July 8, 2016 and wind up on the July 23, 2016. That's a total of two weeks out on the road. The total distance covered is expected to be around 2500km. Within those days and kilometers, you will get to see the famous landscape of Ladakh as the tour rides through treacherous mountain roads and ridiculously high mountain passes. Being a RE ride, expect lots of adventure. Biting cold, dirt trails, river crossings and even some snow. We've been on the ride a few times and have always loved the experience. What's great is that aside from the riding, you also get to meet a ton of like minded people who love motorcycles as much as you.
Be warned though, it is one of RE's hardest rides. The terrain isn't easy and the lack of oxygen doesn't make things any easier. But the reward is the most breathtaking scenery in the world and an adventure of a lifetime.
Registrations open on May 2, 2016, so keep your eyes peeled. The seats tend to get filled up real fast, so make sure you hurry if you want to register. For more information head to http://royalenfield.com/ho/
Starts Rs 2,01,000
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions