2016 Geneva Motor Show: Ford Fiesta ST200 hatchback unveiled
Yes, the ST200 in the Ford Fiesta hatchback's badge stands for 200PS. Showcased at the Geneva Auto Show 2016, the new Ford Fiesta hatchback claims to be 10 per cent more powerful and with 20 per cent more torque.
Ford's most powerful Fiesta hatchback yet, the ST200, has a 290Nm 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine which has been retuned from the standard motor. Transient overboost helps the engine deliver an additional 15PS/30Nm for 15 seconds. The in-gear acceleration is claimed to be better now with 0-100kmph coming up in 6.7 seconds. Ford claims a top speed of 230kmph from this hot hatch. A shorter final drive ratio also helps the Fiesta ST200 achieve this speed.
To help the Ford Fiesta ST200 to reign in all the power, there are enhancements in the form of 3-mode stability control, enhanced torque vectoring control, modifications to the front steering knuckle, 15mm lower centre of gravity, adapted rear twist beam with increased roll stiffness, rear disc brakes with a larger braking master cylinder.
Visually, there are changes as well. This includes an exclusive Storm Grey colour, 17-inch alloys, red painted brake calipers, illuminated scuff plates, partial leather Recaro front seats with contrast stitching and silver detailed seat belts. The Ford Fiesta ST200's production starts from June 2016 with deliveries commencing shortly thereafter in Europe.
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review