2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Aabhishek Mishra continues to lead Xtreme category after Leg 2
Aabishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) continued to hold the lead in the Xtreme category after Leg 2 of the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm which ended yesterday. Meanwhile, Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) and Amanpreet Ahluwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap) are still at second and third place respectively with around 15 minutes between them. In the Moto category, CS Santosh is first while Aravind KP managed to get ahead of Jes David to take second. Tsering Lakhpa, who was racing for Team Polaris in his RZR 1000 had to retire from the rally after his vehicle went up in flames in an early section of the stage.
Leg 3 of rally hosted just one Special Stage which started and ended close to Bikaner after a 185.94km loop through the desert. Leg 4 will host three Special Stages, and ends in Jaisalmer. The first of these (SS 4) is a night stage which began at 3.30am just outside Bikaner. By the end of SS 5, Rana has managed to close the gap from the leader and was right behind him. CS Santosh meanwhile seemed to hold a comfortable lead at the end it.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700